If you are contemplating starting or enhacing a worksite wellness program, school wellness program or just trying to learn more about programs that are available to help you improve your health, this website can help you.
What is Live Healthy Iowa 10 Week Wellness Challenge?
The challenge is a team-based physical activity and weight loss challenge that will help participants develop healthy lifestyle habits.
The wellness challenge runs January 27 - April 4, 2014. The cost is $20 per person. For $20, participants receive:
- Challenge T-shirt
- Weekly activity, nutrition and recipe tips via e-mail
- A personal online tracking page
- Unlimited access to healthy recipes, health tips and more
- Opportunities to win individual prizes and team incentives
- One-year subscription to a lifestyle magazine
- Discounted registration to Live Healthy Iowa 5K challenge finale event
- Free registration to Winter and Summer Iowa Games Fitness Walks and Zumba®
Get Started Today. Here's how:
- Commit to participating in the challenge
- Build a team of 2-10 people. All participants on the team must choose to participate in the weight loss challenge, the physical activity challenge or both challenges. Select a team captain, name your team and gather all team members' e-mail addresses, t-shirt sizes, and collect $20 from each participant.
- Worksites, churches, civic organizations are encouraged to join the Siouxland Business Challenge. Request a Group ID / Organization code from Live Healthy Iowa. Organizations participating in the Live Healthy Siouxland (LHS) businesses challenge will receive updates on their local ranking and will have an opportunity to win the LHS Traveling Trophy which will be awarded to the business with the highest percent of participation.
- If you are registering one team of family and friends, register your team under group code LHISiouxland.
- Team captains must register and pay for their team online.
- Upon team registration, each team member will receive an email confirmation and they will be directed to login and update their personal information and select a magazine. Participants will be responsible for logging into their personal dashboard and reporting their own minutes of physical activity and/or weight loss.
10 Week Wellness Challenge Flier
Questions or Need Help?
Please contact Angela Drent, Health Planner at Siouxland District Health Department.
or visit: www.livehealthyiowa.org