Welcome to Live Healthy Siouxland
This time of year, fruits and vegetables are exploding! If you have more than your share of produce, please donate it to Up From the Earth. Click here for more information. All donations are to provide healthy food for local food pantries and the Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Program.
Below are the locations that accepts produce:
If you are contemplating starting or enhancing a worksite wellness program, school wellness program or just trying to learn more about programs that are available to help you improve your health, this website can help you.
Improving the Health of the Community
Siouxland District Health Department and a variety of community partners are working to improve access to physical activity and healthy foods and beverages through a variety of initiatives. Here is a snap shot of what has happened:
- Siouxland Community Health Center and Unity Point Health at Sunnybrook and Segeant Bluff has started a fruit and vegetable prescription program
- Five worksites have started gardens
- Three businesses have added healthier choices to vending machines
- One local cafeteria highlighted and promoted healthier options
- Two daycares modified breakfast and snack menus and are implementing an evidence based physical activity program called CATCH
- The City of Moville, Woodbury Central Community School District, The City of Sergeant Bluff, and Sergeant Bluff Community School District have started a Safe Routes to School program and the cities have made some infrastructure improvements that make city streets and sidewalks safer for residents.
Here are a few success stories: