Looking for worksite wellness program resources? Here are some links, tools, and resources that can be used to help develop or enhance a wellness program at your worksite.
Wellness Tool-kits and TAVi Health Programs Available
Live Healthy Siouxland and Siouxland District Health Department (SDHD) are pleased to announce that Siouxland businesses can now checkout a varieity of wellness tool-kits and resources and wellness programs Free from SDHD.
Wellness Tool-kits contains items such as globs of fat and muscles masses, sugar and unhealthy vending test tubes, flexibility tester, portion control and effects of smoking displays. To learn more, click here.
TAVi Health wellness programs are ready-to-implement wellness challenges. Programs available for check-out are range from 4 weeks to 9 weeks and are either individual or team-based challenges. To learn more, click here.
Worksite Wellness Resources
Worksite Wellness Tool Kits
Return on Investment
- Return on Investment (ROI) and Worksite Wellness: Measuring Value and Impact (Webinar Series) sponsored by National Business Group on Health. View the archieved webinars.
Worksite Wellness Program Ideas
- Challenge U: a 4 week wellness program designed to encourage employees to participate in healthy behaviors (physical activity, nutrition, and stress managment).
- Fruit and Vegetable Month Long Challenge
- Holiday Maintain Your Weight Challenge
- Iowans Fit for Life Active and Eating Smart Tools for Change
- Live Healthy Iowa 10 Week Wellness Challenge, Burst Your Thirst and more
- Take Action! is a free, 10-week, Web-based program that empowers employees to improve their health by increasing fruit and vegetable consumption and/or physical activity.
- The Lieutenant Governors' Challenge is a 12-week reward based program. Participants set either a physical activity and/or nutrition goal. They then fitness points for walking or consuming fruits and vegetables. If an individual meets their goal at the end of the 12 week period, they receive a medal. Your Heart is in your HANDS Wellness Challenge Brochure
- Winning at Weight Loss: A 3-month weight management challenge designed to help your employees safely lose weight in a fun, team oriented environment provided by Mercy Medical Center - Sioux City.
TAVi Health Incorporated: Combines the resources of an exercise physiologist and registered dietitian, a therapeutic recreation specialist, and a quirky creative director, we develop unique and innovative, competitively priced wellness incentive campaigns. Visit their website for more information.
Workrave: a free downloadable program that assists in the recovery and prevention of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI). The program frequently alerts you to take micro-pauses, rest breaks and restricts you to your daily limit.
Healthy Eating Programs, Tools & Resources
Physical Activity Programs, Tools & Resources